Tuesday, April 29, 2008


So I am madly, deeply, incurably in love with this purple jilbab from Amirah Fashions. It's so fun and youthful. The reason I generally don't wear jilbab or abaya anywhere other than the masjid is because the usual style of the jilbab makes me feel so old, and abaya, to me, is a bit daunting in its typical black. So this one steps outside the mold and gets me all giddy! I put in a few choices in accessories to shake things up and to show just how much springtime fun can be had with this look.
mulberry jilbab with diamonte pleat: Amirah Fashions; about $40
ring: Twelve by Twelve, $6.00
sequined sheila: Veiled by Design; $23.99
rose pumps: 6pm.com; $40.36
white pumps: Charlotte Russe; $22.99
abstract sheila: Veiled by Design; $14.99
bracelets: Forever 21, $5.80
leaves sheila: 2hijab, $6.90
Are you as enamored as I am?



Labels: , ,

posted by Ruqiyyah at 8:51 PM |

2 Comments:

At April 30, 2008 at 7:59 PM, Blogger Celeritas said........
That is such a gorgeous abaya for such a reasonable price and your outfit is fantastic.
 


At May 1, 2008 at 1:21 AM, Blogger Pixie said........
I am always and fan of young and stylish abaya and jilbab looks. Thanks for the outfit.