Monday, April 14, 2008
Salams Girls!
I hope everyone's enjoying the site so far! We're having a ton of fun with it.
Last week a visitor messaged us saying that she never knows what to wear to formal event, so I put together these suggestions. I hope this helps Ameena!
Click on the image to see it larger.Look #1:

This look is one the would be great for a mixed wedding or prom. The dress is paired with a cashmere cardigan to cover the arms and to minimize the showing of figure that the tight waist of the dress encourages. I recommend wearing a white chiffon sheila and white clutch along with red shoes and a red underpiece to provide a pop of color. You could even use fancy jeweled pins in your scarf! Formal dresses are unbelievably difficult to shop for online, so I used designer pieces to inspire your outfit.




Look #2:


This second look is perfect for a banquet, dinner, or work related gathering. The dress is the perfect basis for an outfit. It reaches nicely to the knee, has a jeweled neckline to dress it up, and the pattern is perfect to match green accesories to. I would wear it with some well-fitting wide-leg black dress pants, and either a black jacket with a black underscarf, or a white jacket with a white underscarf. Match the hijab and a nice clutch to the green in the dress, slip into some gorgeous pumps, add jewelry and light make-up to polish, and voila! A versatile and gorgeous outfit for many different formal occasions.


Get this look
Dress: Chadwicks, $59.99
Shoes: Shoebuy, $97.95
Pants: New York & Company, $39.95
Hijab: 2Hijab, $2.95

Look #3:
Here's an outfit for girls who only wear abaya or jilbab or for anyone who just wants to sport a glamorous khaleeji look. This beautiful abaya with silver embroidery is a stunning and modest way to dress up for any formal event. I've been drooling over it for weeks. I decided to just accessorize in all silver, which will provide an elegant contrast to the black of the abaya.


Get this look
Abaya and sheila: Ecrater, $59.99
Pumps: Shoebuy, $98.95
Underscarf: Middle Eastern Mall, $5.00
Necklace: Forever 21, $8.80
Ring: Forever 21, $5.80
Clutch: Ebags, $24.00
So, what do you think? Which outfit is your favorite?
Please leave some feedback so that we know we have some readers out there!
Jazakumullahu Khairan

Labels: , , ,

posted by Ruqiyyah at 6:17 PM |

3 Comments:

At April 16, 2008 at 6:59 PM, Blogger Pixie said........
The abay definately, though I'd wear it every day. I like colour for a formal event. The dress is gorgeous too.
 


At April 19, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Blogger Ruqiyyah said........
I agree! I love color in my abayas, but unfortunately it is very difficult to find a colorful fancy one here in the US. Luckily for me, my family lives in UAE so I'm over there all the time to stock up.
The girls in my area, however, would be amazed at this one, but I guess it ranges from place to place.
Jazaki Allahu Khairan!
 


At April 20, 2008 at 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I love the abaya! I'm more of an all black person myself, but it's soooo pretty! I love your layout as well!
Keep it up:)

Wasalams,
Naeemah